This formulation contains Ascorbyl Glucoside, the most advanced and highly stable form of Vitamin C at a concentration of 15%, rendering it highly effective. Our vitamin C has been attached to a glucose molecule rather than any other elementary molecule, which makes it readily penetrable into skin layers. Vitamins A,B & E with horse chestnut extract provide additional benefits to the skin.
It has long been known that Vitamin C gives a glowing boost to skin; making it brighter, healthier and younger looking. Scientific literature reveals that this lightening effect is related to the ability of vitamin C to suppress melanin synthesis while also reducing the concentration of existing melanin in the skin. However, on the flipside, vitamin C is an unstable molecule that easily loses its biological properties due to heat, oxidation and reaction with other cosmetic ingredients. To overcome this challenge, we at Herbsutra have developed and incorporated a highly stable form of the vitamin that is neither easily oxidised nor reactive with other ingredients.
Mechanism of action: Ascorbyl glucoside is hydrolyzed by alpha-glucosidase enzyme present in the skin to release pure ascorbic acid (Vitamin C) in its active form.
- Lightens skin: When ascorbyl glucoside is converted to ascorbic acid (Vitamin C) and enters skin cells, it reduces the production of melanin by inhibiting tyrosinase enzyme activity. It also has an unmatched anti-oxidant property where it significantly lightens existing black melanin.
- Protects from UV damage: Vitamin C dramatically reduces the free radicals in skin that result from the UV irradiation of skin, thereby significantly reducing cell damage.
- Anti aging: Collagen is a protein that plays an important role in structure and firmness of skin. When Vitamin C enters skin cells, it promotes collagen synthesis of skin fibroblasts and provides skin tightening and firmness while reducing wrinkles and skin roughness, for youthfully radiant bright skin.
Horse chestnut extract: Horse chestnut is loaded with a compound named aescin that has various observed benefits. According to research, aescin may resist swelling and systemic redness.
- Anti-oxidant: It contains very strong antioxidant effects and is effective in neutralizing free radicals, thus soothing the skin.
- Anti-inflammatory & Anti-aging: The extract of the horse chestnut helps treat vascular problems effectively. It also aids in relieving skin inflammation caused by harmful UV radiations and oxidative stress of the environment, pollution and lifestyle. Moreover, this extract is useful in easing rosacea by toning and strengthening fragile veins & capillaries.
- Increase Micro-circulation: Aescin increases micro-circulation which increase delivery of oxygen and nutrients and the removal of carbon dioxide (CO2).
Vitamin A: Sun rays, pollution and smoke can damage your skin, making you look older or cause breakouts. Topical Vitamin A slows down these effects of aging, gradually turning back the hands of time. Skin naturally converts it to retinoic acid, which then helps stimulate collagen production, increasing cellular rejuvenation, and creating softer, smoother skin. Furthermore, it adds antioxidant protection to help the skin ward off damage caused by UV rays.
- Firmer skin: Vitamin A is effective in boosting collagen fibre production in your skin, which can help you look younger.
- Even skin tone: Acne, wrinkles, brown spots and hyper-pigmentation, when treated with Vitamin A can all have exceptional results.
- Skin regeneration: In fact this clever nutrient can communicate with damaged cells to function normally again. This is often referred to as DNA repair. It encourages healthy skin cell production and growth, which smoothes skin, improves its tone and appearance.
Vitamin B: Vitamin B complex acts as a repair centre for cells. It strengthens cell membranes and regulates cellular content, making effective functioning possible.
- Cell Repair: Helps to improve the very structure of the skin and makes it soft, taut and smooth. Vitamin B transforms flaky, dry and patchy skin and repairs skin damage of all sorts, including blemishes and rashes.
- Moisturize: It is known to assist in building a strong outer layer for the skin by loading it with fatty acids. A stronger dermis implies skin that is healthier, retains moisture for long and keeps skin damage at bay.
- Skin Protection: It helps the skin manufacture collagen, the protein that is in charge of your skin’s aging process. It reduces irritation, inflammation and persistent acne when applied over a period of time.
Vitamin E: Reactive oxygen species are harmful for the skin as they can alter the biosynthesis of collagen and glycosaminoglycans. Vitamin E is an important fat-soluble anti-oxidant, it protects the skin from various deleterious effects due to solar radiation by acting as a free-radical scavenger.
- Reverses premature aging: Vitamin E prevents the skin from becoming dull, wrinkled and saggy. It boosts the production of collagen that is responsible for maintaining skin elasticity, thereby reducing the occurrence of fine lines and wrinkles which are signs of aging.
- Cleansing agent: Vitamin E also helps cleanse dirt, grime, and other impurities while simultaneously maintaining your skin’s oil balance. It is a heavy emollient, which makes it easy to remove impurities from the surface of the skin.
- Moisturizer: Vitamin E provides the skin with necessary moisture as well as antioxidants for intense healing.